Monday, March 20, 2006

Like A Star...


So, after church yesterday I'm just chilling, having a little coffee, doing a little Sunday online reading with VH1 Soul playing in the background when I stop everything I'm doing...

Just like a star across my sky,
Just like an angel off the page,
You have appeared to my life,
Feel like I'll never be the same,
Just like a song in my heart,
Just like oil on my hands,
Oh.. I do love you,

Still i wonder why it is,
I don't argue like this,
With anyone but you,
We do it all the time,
Blowing out my mind,

You've got this look i can't describe,
You make me feel like I'm alive,
When everything else is a fade,
Without a doubt you're on my side,
Heaven has been away too long,
Can't find the words to write this song,
Oh.,..
Your love,

I have come to understand,
The way it is,
It's not a secret anymore,
'cause we've been through that before,
From tonight I know that you're the only one,
I've been confused and in the dark,
Now I understand,

I wonder why it is,
I don't argue like this,
With anyone but you,
I wonder why it is,
I wont let my guard down,
For anyone but you
We do it all the time,
Blowing out my mind,

Just like a star across my sky,
Just like an angel off the page,
You have appeared to my life,
Feel like I'll never be the same,
Just like a song in my heart,
Just like oil on my hands


Beauty...

My friends, I think a star has been born. Her name is Corinne Bailey Rae and the song is called "Like a Star." I've never heard of her before, have you? I was so impressed I put another song, "Put Your Records On," on my sorry little MySpace page. She's on MySpace too.

What do you think?


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cocoa Girl said...

Thanks for putting us on, Nichelle. I'll have to check out Corrine. Cocoa loves REAL music!

March 20, 2006 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

I hear that Cocoa. I think real music is making a comeback!

March 20, 2006 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Cocoa Girl said...

Hopefully!

March 21, 2006 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Takeitoutside said...

you know it..This is officially top 10 of my fav love songs..

March 24, 2006 at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home