Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What Is Wrong With People?


I liked Defamer's take on Pamela Anderson's protest against seal hunting in Canada:

Once again, Anderson manages to bust stereotypes: Not only does she put the lie to the cliche of the boring Canadian, but she also proves that a large-breasted blonde is fully apable of understanding and signing the articulate and persuasive statements prepared by PETA on her behalf.


(sigh�K) I love animals �V don't love PETA. For one thing, they rubbed me the wrong way when they not only enlisted Al Sharpton in their anti-KFC campaign ("Rev Al! Tell black people to stop eating chicken!"), they ran ads comparing animal abuse to lynching and slavery. Please, I'm still waiting on PETA to call out Fiddy Cent for wearing fur. Sure, it's easy to go around picking on Jennifer Lopez or Star Jones, but if you want to impress me, chase Fiddy down the street and throw some paint on him!


As if that weren't enough, Ingrid Newkirk, the co-founder of PETA once said,
"Even if animal tests produced a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it." She even went further in POZ, a magazine for people living with HIV by saying, "If we could get a cure from animals for my father's heart condition, it wouldn't give me any comfort. Why don't we respect animals as victims, too?"

Ingrid, I think I'm going to eat a piece of fried chicken tonight in your honor (Oh, wait a minute, never mind.)

Speaking of animals�K


What is wrong with cats?
Residents of the neighborhood of Sunset Circle say they have been terrorized by a crazy cat named Lewis. Lewis for his part has been uniquely cited, personally issued a restraining order by the town's animal control officer.
"He looks like Felix the Cat and has six toes on each foot, each with a long claw," Janet Kettman, a neighbor said Monday. "They are formidable weapons."

The neighbors said those weapons, along with catlike stealth, have allowed Lewis to attack at least a half dozen people and ambush the Avon lady as she was getting out of her car.



Now you know that's messed up�K

2 Comments:

Blogger the prisoner's wife said...

lol@eating chicken in her honor. comedy.

i have also wondered why these PETA people aren't so bold when it comes to rappers. i heard somewhere that Mary J said that she WISHES somebody would throw some paint on her fur.

and the woman is obviously dislusional. if a cure for aids can come from animals, then animals must die. God put man in charge of all living things for a reason.

March 30, 2006 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Hi PW!

I'm sorry that I'm just now discovering this comment. Thanks for stopping by!

I remember Mary J. saying that and I notice that PETA hasn't said a peep! And they betta not mess with her either! That will the one and only time I will approve of violence coming from the hip-hop community! LOL!

And I agree with you re: God put man in charge of all living things for a reason.

That's all I'm sayin...

April 1, 2006 at 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home