Thursday, April 20, 2006

Here We Go Again...

So, the Sangin Diva tagged me. Thanks girlfriend (not!)

Hey, don't you have a plane to catch or something?
Hahaha...

Well, this time, I am supposed to write six quirky or unknown things about myself and then tag six more people. Clearly La Reina did not realize that I am tag-impaired so I will not tag six more people, but I will give it a go myself.


1.) I have met Naomi Campbell twice and she was very cool on both occasions.



2.) I would love to have a little dog, but I am not home enough to take care of one properly. But I will get and spoil one soon!


















3.) I was born on Pablo Picasso's 91st birthday and Ciara was born on my 16th birthday.


















4.) I am a licensed cosmetologist. Or, at least I was. I didn't get around to renewing my license within the 5-year limit, so now I've got to jump through a few hoops to get it back (and I will!)




5.) My mother told me that I was almost named Darcel, which in turn made me really heart Darcel Wynne on Solid Gold back in the day.















6.) I have attended three Miss America pageants - two with black winners. The first winner was Debbye Turner, Miss America 1990, who got huge cheers from the audience. The next year, Marjorie Judith Vincent of Illinois won and you could hear a pin drop. The minute they announced her name, there was literally a hush over the audience and then a smattering of polite applause as she walked down the famous runway as Miss America. When I got home to watch the tape? Canned applause. (Hmmm....) The next year, Carolyn Sapp of Hawaii won and Convention Hall exploded in pandemonium. (Hmmm....) When two black women in a row won again (Erika and Ericka in '03 and '04) I figured the pageant was in trouble, because their core audience wasn't going for it. Now, they're on CMT, the Country Music Channel (Hmmm...)


Top photo via Gallery of the Absurd (hilarious!) Doggie photo via Moderntails.com (cute!)


12 Comments:

Blogger Sangindiva said...

U Go Guuuurl !!!
Thank you for filling it out-
you don't have to tag anyone else your tag is woth 6 folks :)
See the things you learn about folks?
I thought I was the only one who wasnt a four legged baby!
ANNNND I know you know how to hook the hair up-
so don't let me look crazy when I step out in public-
you betta holla at me!!!

April 20, 2006 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

P.S. my typing skills suck should have been # 1

I ment to say:

your tag is WORTH 6 folks

AND

WANTED a four legged baby...

April 20, 2006 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Don't worry about your typing skills! You can sing - what else do you need? Hahaha!

And as for the hair... girl, the real reason I went to beauty school was to learn to do makeup. I have a full-license, but I never really liked doing hair! I only went to beauty school because I thought I wasn't going to college! Ha ha!

I did like beauty school though, and I think I will (some day...) break down and fulfill the requirements for the state of NJ so I can get my license back. If for no other reason than profesional discounts!

April 20, 2006 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Oops! I meant PROFESSIONAL discounts. See what happens when you "login and publish" first without hitting "preview?" Haha!

April 20, 2006 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

wow you attended the pageants....interesting...

April 20, 2006 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Yep, I was right there - in good seats too!

April 21, 2006 at 12:00 AM  
Blogger Glib Gurl said...

That's cool about the cosmetology - I keep thinking of taking classes myself . . . Lord knows I would save a boatload of money if I just learned to do my own hair and nails! *lol*

Why did you attend the Miss America pageants? I actually attended the Miss America pageant in 1998 when Kate Shindle won . . . the experience sounds similar to what it was like when Marjorie won . . . the audience was in shock . . . admittedly, I was too! *lol*

April 21, 2006 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Hey Glib,

Going to beauty school is no guarantee that you're going to do your own hair and nails, lol...

I went to the Miss America pageants because a friend of mine had tickets.

April 21, 2006 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Miss Ahmad said...

i used to want to be a barber but that was a direct result from cutting my brother's and dad's hair in the back yard for years and years and years......

poor them, they had to suffer thru my learning curve.

I might do it one day because I think barber shops are more fun the women's salons...

April 21, 2006 at 10:55 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Actually, that's not a bad idea. It's one thing to worry about roller set and whatnot, but just cut a few heads?
Hmmm... not a bad skill to have in your back pocket.

Ironically, in beauty school, I never really learned to cut men's hair well. Maybe I wasn't paying attention on that day, lol..

April 21, 2006 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger Frog Kisser said...

it's really amazing that no one seems to want a pet frog...

April 24, 2006 at 12:54 AM  
Blogger bella said...

Nichelle - I'm sure Naomi Campbell would be tremendous fun to meet and possibly have drinks with... but probably not to work for! Consider yourself untagged!

Hey, I'm coming to NYC for my birthday in March. I'd love to meet you for tea!

January 14, 2007 at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home