Monday, April 17, 2006

Isaac, Tar-jhay and Me: A Love Story

Happy Monday!

I won't be long-winded today. "Today" is the middle of the night again, but that's the way I do it. I mean, I was born at four in the morning - what do you expect? For some reason or another, I function
very well in the wee hours of the morning. I'm guessing this will come in handy when I become a mother one day.

Anyway...

I just wanted to write a little about how much I heart Isa
ac Mizrahi: He sketches! He sings! He gropes! And I have been loving this duvet set for a while now, and in the next week or so, I'm finally going to get them to brighten up my anemically spare apartment. I love buying Isaac's stuff at Target (I mean Tar-jhay) especially because I can (almost!) forget about my temporary bohemian poverty. I call it "temporary" and "bohemian" because I am not truly poor as in starving- homeless- struggling- to-feed-my-babies poor. I am splurge on the occasional MAC- Prescriptives- Kiehl's- Dr-Hauschka- Peter-Thomas-Roth- and-perhaps-a- little-NARS poor. Big difference.
I'm also loving my little floral coffee mugs. You can get the idea in the picture above: just think of the daisy on the bottom of the mug: so cute!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cocoa Girl said...

Hahaha on that comorter set. I've been loving it for a while. There was one at Crate and Barrel a few years back that is quite similar, but more bold and more artistic.

I didn't realize that you are totally free...that is so hot!

How long have you been freelancer for self?

April 17, 2006 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Well, I've been freelancing for a while, but I'm not really doing that now (for magazines) I have a book proposal making the rounds and I am working on completing the first draft of that book. It's non-fiction, so you don't need a completed book before you send out a few chapters. However, for fiction (as a debut novelist) you need the whole dang thing! I'm not going back to my novel until I get the non-fiction project settled.

And re: Crate and Barrel - I've got to go check them out. I haven't been there in a while.

April 17, 2006 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Cocoa Girl said...

Yeah, my book is non-fiction, too. So, I am quite familiar with the killa proposal (62 pages, baby!) I am also doing the round things. An agent and I recently parted ways - it was amicable, at least - so a few now have the project in tow. Also, some houses still have it.

I wish you many blessings with your projects. Have you been published before?

April 17, 2006 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

I hear that on the "killa proposal." You've got to get that thing right, or you're nowhere man...

Thanks for the blessings with my projects girl, 'cause I sho do need it!

I have been published before, but in magazines. I blogged about it before, last August when John H. Johnson died.

April 17, 2006 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Juicy77 said...

What's up with Mizrahi and the groping anyway? Sometimes I think he's confused. But he CAN'T be! There's no way he's even a bit straight. Yet, he loves to touch the ladies. He had Gabrielle Union on his show once and she bent over in front of him to demonstrate hiking a football. (okay, I don't watch sports, so I don't know if my terminology is correct). Anyway, when she bent over, all I could think was, "Don't do it girl!" Surprisingly, he didn't grab her. But he had his hands all over her belly later. Confused I tell you. Confused.

April 17, 2006 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

I don't know Juicy, I think he's pretty gay! LOL!

April 17, 2006 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

Gurl...
You know Tarjay is my SPOT!!!
I need to go take a look around-
no I don't. See why you got me shoppin'?!?!
I know I don't need a thing!
but then again who shops just cause they
are in NEED? hahahaha!

April 18, 2006 at 5:22 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

I know girl...I never come out of Target with just a "few things!"

April 18, 2006 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home