Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mark Your Calendars!

I may not have time to read their books right now, but I will support them on tour! Three of the four authors I recommended yesterday will be coming to a city near you and me in the very near future.


Veronica Chambers (who was kind enough to stop by and say hello yesterday) will be at the Borders in the Time Warner Center in NYC on April 20th at 7 pm. Since I visit this particular Borders every day, I will definitely stop in and give her my support. She's updating her site, but don't be afraid to stop by and drop her a line.


Elinor Lipman will also be in town a few days earlier at Barnes & Noble on 82nd Street on the Upper West Side. This is another "second home" for me - especially since Cafe Lalo, one of my favorite dessert places is a block away. I met Elinor very briefly when her last book, The Pursuit of Alice Thrift, was released and she was very nice and charming like a favorite author should be! Unfortunately for her, the signing fell on the same night as the very last episode of "Friends," but she still had a pretty nice turnout.



J. California Cooper is also on tour, which means I will be hightailing it to Hue-Man in Harlem on April 26th. I will be sure to bring all of my books for her to sign - even the old ratty ones! I had a hard time finding a good (recent!) picture of her online, so the one that you see all the time will just have to do.

P.S. Here is a cool link to a webcast of a speech she gave in 2001 from the Library of Congress. I found it while searching (and searching) for her picture.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Cocoa Girl said...

Thanks for the heads up.... I am def going to check out Ms Chambers. I've never seen her in the real, so it will be a nice experience.

Happy Friday!

April 7, 2006 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

No problem, Cocoa. I think it'll be fun too.

April 7, 2006 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Supa said...

J. California RULES!!!

April 10, 2006 at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home