Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Still Writing, Still Can't Pump Gas...

I'm still plugging away on my project, so aside from stopping by a few of my favorite blogs and commenting, I won't be doing anything here until the end of the week - just in time to wish Miss Janet a happy 40th birthday! Funny how time flies when you're having fun, right? Her birthday is actually next Tuesday, May 16th, but who knows what I'll be doing then.

My D.C. trip was great by the way. I still fumbled with gas though - I forgot that you had to lift the thing up so the gas will come out! (hahaha!!) Thankfully, this nice lady at the next pump helped me out. And I only spent $10 on gas the whole weekend!

Anyway, I thought I would leave a little food for thought for the next few days. I'm sure I got it out of an issue of Oprah's magazine sometime last year. It is by W.H. Murray, a mountaineer.

Until one is committed there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation) there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never have otherwise occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. I have learned a deep respect for one of Goethe's couplets: "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Miss Ahmad said...

you are blessed to have the time and space to write, enjoy it. I'm squeezing out words in wee hours when the world is sleeping, trying to show up at the page with a newfound committment:-)

May 9, 2006 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Yes, I've got some time now - thank God for unemployment checks! (However temporary) I'm hustling to get this thing done before I have to jump back into the rat race.

God bless and Godspeed on your writing!

May 9, 2006 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

I am so glad you are writing!
I can't wait to buy the book.
Sending prayers your way...

May 10, 2006 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger Cocoa Girl said...

Thanks for this...the last line is so much in and of itself.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.

May God bless us all on our endeavors...

May 10, 2006 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Supa said...

Write on!!

Thanks for the passage..

May 10, 2006 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks Diva, Cocoa and Supa!

God bless us all indeed!

May 10, 2006 at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home