Thursday, June 22, 2006

Do My Knees Look Fat?

I know I said I would be working up a black sweat, but I've been slacking lately. I finally dragged myself onto my treadmill at 11:30 last night, which is technically only two and a half hours ago, because I was determined not to let the day end without me getting some kind of exercise. I've been over at 55 having fun, and working on my book (I'm going to tell you more about that soon - very soon), but I've also been doing a lot of shameless, useless web surfing lately which means I've been spending a lot of time on my behind.

During my shameless, useless surfing, I came across this article about micro liposuction. Apparently, perfectly healthy, slim people are getting surgery to remove an ounce or so of fat from their ankles, knees, chins, necks and back.

Now I can see if you've got some serious back fat going on, but your knees? Your ankles? Come on now! Are you really willing to risk complications or even death over fat ankles?

Complete hilarity to me!

After all, I've got "big" legs. This was once a compliment to a black woman back in the day. How many times have you heard one of your old uncles say, "Yeah, she got some big pretty legs!" Today, that woman is considered fat. Heck, Marilyn Monroe would be considered huge today. Even as I slim down, I always hear about my big legs (second only to my butt) so the idea of fat knees is completely insane to me. As big as my legs are, my knees sure aren't fat! I don't have a fat neck or chin either. Ankles? Please! I don't want to ever be that obsessed.

But I still need to step up my workout.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Shopaholic D said...

"Apparently, perfectly healthy, slim people are getting surgery to remove an ounce or so of fat from their ankles, knees, chins, necks and back."

That's crazy talk...people take things too far, don't they?

June 22, 2006 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Miss Ahmad said...

i must admit that perhaps living in the land of LA is starting to get to me, because micro lipo sounds good to me!

June 22, 2006 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Shopaholic D - It is crazy talk isn't it? Cute site by the way!

Miss Ahmad - Girl... you know better than that! What if you just need to cut down on salt or something LOL!

June 22, 2006 at 11:55 PM  
Blogger Rune said...

I saw something on tv the other day...where this dude wanted to get a six pack, so he had that surgery.....he got his six pack, but it was the most unnatural thing I've ever seen in my life...

p.s. you got some big pretty legs..

June 23, 2006 at 8:04 AM  
Anonymous Ms. Glaze said...

Oh man, try living in Paris. I definately have some booty and in California that was a sexy thing, but here in the land of the tragically anorexic, I can't even find blue jeans.

Ummm...where did you say I could get that surgery!!?!?

Bisous, Ms. Glaze

June 25, 2006 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

Girl that is madness!
Even with the issues that I have with weight-
Even I don't think my knees are fat!!!

June 25, 2006 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Rune: I'll bet his stomach looked like an animated character. And re: the P.S. - you are absolutely correct.

Ms. Glaze: I would love to try living in Paris - guess I'll have to bring my own jeans!

June 25, 2006 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Sangin Diva: Girl.... what issues do you have with your weight? You've gotta be kiddin' me! LOL!!

June 25, 2006 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Rune said...

I've got issues with my weight....I can't wait to eat!

June 25, 2006 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Supa said...

Girl, go head on with your big legs!! I 'aint neva heard of FAT KNEES in my life!!! :)

I need to get back on my exercise track ,too...

June 29, 2006 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Supa, girl... I ain't neva heard of fat knees either. People are crazy...

July 2, 2006 at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home