Monday, June 05, 2006

Everybody Knows From The Coy Little Wink...


I wrote beauty and fitness articles for years and I really miss it. So after thinking about it and thinking about it and thinking about it some more, I've finally decided to do something about it that didn't involve pitching editors and waiting 6 to 8 to 68 weeks for my freelance check.

So today, I invite you to pay a visit to my brand new style blog at 55 Secret Street. I am not abandoning Anovelista.com and I promise you that I am not obsessed with Sheila E. or anything, but what can I say? The Glamorous Life, twenty-two years later, continually provides inspiration and useful metaphors about life, love and style - at least for me.

My 55 Secret Street is not the location of an illicit rendevous (although you can probably find something to wear if you're going there.) It has a little bit of everything - beauty, fashion, food, art, design -
glamorous haute chocolate right at your fingertips every morning. And it's not just for black women because chocolate comes in many different flavors - but I'm hoping women of color especially dig it.

So "make haste in your brown sedan and drive" to 55 Secret Street - It's Glamorous.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Supa said...

On my way over!!

June 5, 2006 at 3:57 PM  
Anonymous K said...

I love the new blog and I like that you went with typepad!

Very cool!

June 5, 2006 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks Supa! I'm still doing that Life Soundtrack post this week too.

And K - thanks and welcome! I love Yoga Coffee Outlook.com too - extra cute!

June 5, 2006 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger a.i.n.t. said...

I left a few messages over there, but just wanted to say here too that I LOVE the new blog. Rather engaging, it is (content and design). I love the creativity of the links and names of categories. Did you do the header banner across the top yourself?

June 7, 2006 at 12:19 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks again Tia! I released your comments over at 55. I'm still learning my way around Typepad. :)

I am no master like yourself, but yes, I did do the banner. I used a program called Picasa and Powerpoint (for the text.) I'm sure there is a more efficient way to do it (like Photoshop, but I don't have Photoshop and I don't know how to use it. I would like to refine the font on the banner one day - but not right away because it took forever!

June 7, 2006 at 12:33 AM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

OOH!
A new read?! Gurl I'm on my way over!!!

June 7, 2006 at 3:29 AM  
Blogger Miss Ahmad said...

congrats on the syndication:-)

looks like Nichelle is finding a new niche!

June 8, 2006 at 12:48 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks Glam.

Not sure what you mean by the syndication. Am I missing something? What do you mean?

June 8, 2006 at 1:06 AM  
Blogger Miss Ahmad said...

i think 55 Secret will be a daily read all over the country!

forgive my crazy TV references!

June 8, 2006 at 1:24 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Oh! Thanks a lot! That went totally over my head. :)

June 8, 2006 at 2:28 AM  
Blogger SmartBlkWoman said...

I'm loving the new site! I think I have found my new inspiration for all things style related. :)

June 10, 2006 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks SBW!!

June 10, 2006 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home