Wednesday, June 28, 2006

On A Silent Sea


So, loving yet another singer/songwriter. This time, it's KT Tunstall. Her big hit now is Black Horse and the Cherry Tree, but I'm digging Silent Sea. I was minding my business in my local Starbucks (I know, I know...) when I hear:

I was happy in my harbour
When you cut me loose
Floating on an ocean
And confused
Winds are whipping waves up
Like sky scrapers
And the harder they hit me
The less I seem to bruise

Oh when I
Find the controls
I'll go where I like
I'll know where I want to be
But maybe for now
I'll stay right here
On a silent sea


I dutifully asked my barista, "Who is that?" and went home and downloaded her on iTunes. Thirty-six plays so far.

5 Comments:

Blogger Supa said...

Ooh. Bomb lyrics. Just might check her out!! Oh how I heart itunes. I'm bout to BREAK my new nano. :)

Hey Nichelle!

July 7, 2006 at 12:33 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Hey Supa!

I promised I haven't drowned in the Silent Sea or anything - I've just been really busy!

I'll have a new post on Monday.

July 7, 2006 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

very intersting. I found your site by accident not knowing you also had the beauty blog.

anyway KT's whole cd is great. good luck with your novel. keep us posted.

July 17, 2006 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks NYC/Caribbean Ragazza.

And good luck to you out in The Land of LA with your film career.

July 17, 2006 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Glib Gurl said...

Okay, I just found out that she sings the opening song to my new favorite movie, "The Devil Wears Prada." Will have to check her out!

August 22, 2006 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home