Monday, June 19, 2006

Some Things That Have Caught My Eye

GetDShirts.com

Perhaps he was inspired by the intrepid Karyn, but Dustin Diamond, the actor who played "Screech" on Saved by the Bell, is not taking the impending foreclosure on his house in Milwaukee laying down. Apparently being a stand-up comedian isn't paying the bills for him, so he's selling autographed t-shirts with his likeness in order to raise about $250,000 to stop the foreclosure. On the front of the T-shirt, he's holding a sign that says, "Save My House" and on the back, it says "I paid $15.00 to save Screeech's house." He added the third "e" to avoid tangling with NBC's lawyers. Do your thing Screech!





I see this all the time. I think it's hilarious that there is an article about it. Where has the New York Times been for the last, oh I don't know, 15 or 20 years? This is not a new phenomenon. But it is funny...


Britney Spears made a less than stellar impression in her Dateline interview last week with Matt Lauer. Not that I really care about that - I just wanted an excuse to finally use this hilarious illustration from Gallery of the Absurd. Poor thing.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Diva (in Demand) said...

You know you're wrong for the cartoon. LOL But thanks for the early morning laugh.

June 19, 2006 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Hahaha - you're welcome but I couldn't resist!

I do think she should get out of LA though if she really wants privacy. Celebrities know how to disappear when they want to.

June 19, 2006 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Supa said...

That cartoon is HILARITY!

Damn. Len Bias was 20 years ago?! RIP.

Hey Nichelle!

June 19, 2006 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Hey Supa!

Isn't that a trip about Len Bias? Time really flies.

I've gotta make sure I get back over to your place to see how you cut up on your birthday last week!

June 19, 2006 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger SmartBlkWoman said...

I saw part of that interview and Britney was looking BAD! I almost felt sorry for ol' girl until I thought about the fact that she was filthy rich and I KNOW her family told her don't marry that fool!

June 20, 2006 at 1:11 AM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

Hey Ms. Nichelle!!
I always learn something new from you.
I had never heard of Len Bias- R.I.P.
That cartoon is so funny
and about "screeech" are you gonna by a shirt?
hahahaha!!!

June 20, 2006 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Smartblkwoman - You know they told that girl! But she's young - you have to live and learn. Hopefully she'll come out better for it down the line.

SanginDiva - I just may buy a shirt from ole' Screeech - I can relate to people struggling... and I heard his parents ripped him off, so he started out under the gun. He's only 29. Maybe he'll get another TV gig out of this or something.

And Len Bias? You never heard of him? He was the #1 NBA draft pick in 1986. He was selecte by the Boston Celtics and he was HUGE - the way they hyped Shaq and LeBron James later.

Only the poor thing died of a cocaine overdose just 2 days after the draft, so none of his dreams materialized. I remember it very well because I was in high school at the time.

June 20, 2006 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Supa said...

Yeah, Ms. Novelista...come back over.. :)

June 21, 2006 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

OK Supa!

June 21, 2006 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

i saw that one about screech...is this a ploy or something...crazy, it's been 20yrs...damn i'm getting old

June 21, 2006 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Miss Ahmad said...

I attribute Len Bias to being one of the reasons I don't do drugs today. That was one of the most traumatic stories of our youth. I mean I was such a hoop fan in those days too, cutting class to watch the final four and whole nine...Len may have inadvertently saved my life!

humph!

June 21, 2006 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

I agree Miss Ahmad! I was totally traumatized by his death. I think his death ended up saving a lot of lives.

June 22, 2006 at 2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home