The Soundtrack Of My Life
I was going to post this last week, but I think we all know by now that Blogger called out sick! (@#&%$!)
Ms. Supa Sister had an excellent post about the songs that formed the soundtrack to her life and I was inspired to write down some of the songs that I couldn't write in her comment section. With all of the Blogger drama, I feel like I've been writing this all week, but oh well. Here we go, with a warning - this is the longest post I've ever written in my life!
- It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday by G.C. Cameron - OMG! I remember crying when this song came on in Cooley High. I still tear up when I hear it!
- You Send Me and Running Away by Roy Ayers (I used to sing "Scooby Doo! Fun, Fun, Fun!" LOL!!)
- You and I by Rick James
- Jammin' and I Shot The Sheriff by Bob Marley - I can remember very distinctly the first time I heard Bob Marley because it was the first time that I heard reggae music period.
- You Remind Me and Forget Me Nots by Patrice Rushen
- Stomp, Strawberry Letter 23 by The Brothers Johnson
- P-Funk, Mothership Connection, One Nation Under A Groove by Parliament - Make my funk the P-Funk! I wants ta get funked up!
- Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker), Flashlight by Parliament - Get up off the funk!
- One Nation Under A Groove by Funkadelic - This is my phone ring!
- Don't Ask My Neighbors and Best of My Love by The Emotions
- Betcha By Golly Wow by Phyllis Hyman
- Saturday Night Fever soundtrack by The Bee Gees
- Le Freak by Chic - Freak out! Le Freak, Ce'st Chic!
- Songs In The Key Of Life, Talking Book by Stevie Wonder
- Shake Your Body Down To The Ground by The Jacksons - Let's Dance! Let's Shout!
- Changed, I Love the Lord, I'm Not The Same and Goin' Up Yonder by Walter Hawkins
- Jesus I Love You by Tramaine Hawkins Got To Give It Up by Marvin Gaye - I remember my sister and I peeking out of our bedroom door at our parents and their friends dancing to this record. Of course, we were busted and carted off to bed!
- Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2 by Pink Floyd - We Don't Need No ED-U-CAY-SHUN!
- That's The Way of the World, Sing A Song, Reasons, After the Love is Gone, Fantasy, Can't Hide Love and 99% of everything else by Earth, Wind & Fire.
- Footsteps in the Dark, Hello It's Me, Voyage To Atlantis, Make Me Say It Again Girl, For the Love of You and 99% of everything else by The Isley Brothers - Grown folks music!