Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It's My (Blog) Birthday!


Anovelista.com was born on July 26, 2005 in a Manhattan office (that shall not be named) where I was working as a temp. My first official post was about the debut of Good Times on TV Land - a great excuse to google "Sweet Daddy Williams" and even wonder aloud about the whereabouts of Marsha "I'd Like To Climb Magic Johnson" Warfield. Clues anyone?

I've done my share of free PR/shouting from the rooftops about Akeelah and the Bee and Corinne Bailey Rae and the idiocy of our age-obsessed society. I still think deprogramming is a great idea.


I've also met a few other Nichelle's along the way and blogged about the wonders of having our name.

Here are some other highlights from my first year as a blogger. I'm gonna go and have myself a nice glass of champagne.

Okay,
maybe not...

Most Popular Searches

1.) Barack Obama - I've blogged about him several times and whenever I do, there's a spike in traffic. Run, Barack, Run!


2.) Lootin' Lenny from Good Times. Apparently people want to know where to find Dap Sugar Willie aka "Lootin'" Lenny the Hustler ("Say blood, my name is Len-nay, and if I ain't got it, then there ain't any!") I did another search and found info about his only album. Apparently he was a Redd Foxx protege? Who knew!

3.) You! Shake Your Junk/Melyssa Ford. -- People were either looking for that ridiculous commercial or Melyssa Ford, but my piece was about an article that drew a correlation between today's video girls and Sarah Baartman aka "The Hottentot Venus."

Honorary mention: Britney Spears. Just one appearance and a spike in international traffic! I thought I'd mention her again for the heck of it. Oh! And for good measure - Kevin Federline, K-Fed, K-Fedoffhermoney, Shar Jackson, baby daddy, non-honorary black person.


Most Popular Posts

Invasion of the Gender Crashers from August 4, 2005.

Marriage Is For White People from March 27, 2006.

Where Have All The Black Girls Gone?
from March 17, 2006.

We Can Save Darfur Right From Our Living Rooms from April 28, 2006.


My Favorite Posts

Are You There God? It's Me With More Books! from August 12, 2005.

Katrina: Could This Be America? from September 6, 2005.

Belaboring Beyonce For Naught from October 8, 2005.

Slavery In New York from March 14, 2006.

A King's Treasure At Sotheby's
from June 26, 2006.


Lists, Memes, etc.

A (Little) About Me from March 27, 2006.

Working Up A Black Sweat
from March 24, 2006.

My Top Ten List For A (Near) Perfect Mate
from April 5, 2006.

Here We Go Again from April 20, 2006.

The Soundtrack of My Life from June 11, 2006.

Five (Or So) Things I Like About The Sangin' Diva from May 24, 2006.


As many of you know, I had a new baby on June 5th of this year and she's not doing so badly herself. She's a new affiliate in the ever glamorous Glam Network and with Project Blog - a network of fashion, shopping and beauty blogs started by the very smart and very glamorous Budget Fashionista, Kathryn Finney.

So now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go and get that champagne.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger SmartBlkWoman said...

Happy First Anniversary! :)

July 25, 2006 at 11:09 PM  
Blogger Glib Gurl said...

Do you know what today is? It's your bloggiversary!

*cue tony toni tone*

Congrats!

July 25, 2006 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks guys!

I think I might go and put on a little Fiddy (go shawty, it's ya birthday!)

That would be the only reason I'd wanna hear his azz... (TEAM OPRAH!)

July 25, 2006 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Avin said...

Happy blogiversary!
Eat a piece of cake for me...Oprah made me give up white stuff. LOL

July 26, 2006 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Rune said...

happy birthday! Let's go party!

July 26, 2006 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

*clinking my glass* CHEERS to you Senorita!!

I am so very proud of your dedication and look forward to 500 more!!! I also am honored to be one of the subjects of your fantastic blog. I have come to know you as a wonderful woman of class, grace, style...
AND GREAT SHOPPING TIPS!!! :)

I am glad this medium allowed us to be
cyber friends and one day soon we're gonna hafta hang out in da NYC and eat at the resturant you said is close to your hair dresser :)

Congrats once again!

July 26, 2006 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks for your good wishes everyone!

Avin - Girl, you know I can't mess with the white stuff either! I'm eating protein as I type!

Rune - You so crazy... I think I'm a little afraid to party with you! :)

Sh- I mean Sangin (hahaha..)

*clinking my glass* right back atcha Senorita!!

I'm glad we're cyber friends too and I can't wait for you to come to New York! We can definitely hit Miss Mamie's and a few other restaurants because you know I likes ta eat!

July 26, 2006 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger Miss Ahmad said...

congrats on the blog birthday girlfriend!

i am glad that you have entered the blog world and it looks like you are here to stay...and for that i am glad!

July 27, 2006 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thank you Glam :)

July 28, 2006 at 1:13 AM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

Nichelle I am trying to e-mail you but don't have an address for you :(

Sangindiva@yahoo.com- please e-mail me your address.

July 30, 2006 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Supa said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!

August 4, 2006 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thank you Supa :)

August 4, 2006 at 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home