Friday, August 18, 2006

Age Is Truly Just A Number


Quick question. How old do you think this woman is?

A.) 40

B.) 56

C.) 86

D.) 63

The correct answer is C.

Yes, you read right C - as in this woman is an 86 year old
great-grandmother and champion bodybuilder!

*taping her picture to my treadmill*

Her name is Mojorie Newlin and I remember seeing her on Oprah a few years ago when she was 79. By the way, she didn't even start exercising until she was 72! My friend Donna emailed this story about Mojorie and I'm glad she did because anytime I don't feel like exercising - or doing anything for that matter - I'm going to think about this woman and get moving.

Are you out there Glib? Avin?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sangindiva said...

Uh... FIRST!
(I'm gonna say it!)

I am inspired by her too! Hell she looks bettter than
most folk I know! Now THAT's how you live forever!!!

August 18, 2006 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger themakeupgirl said...

OH MY GAWD! I need to tape this on my bathroom mirror.

August 18, 2006 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Avin said...

This is unreal! 86? Wow talk about needing to step your game up ladies.

August 18, 2006 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Sangin - Isn't it sad that she has cuts (cuts!) in her abs - and yet some of these 20-year-old girls out here have guts! I mean, she doesn't have anything sagging...

TMG - I was thinking treadmill, but you're right - the bathroom mirror is even better.

Avin - She is definitely the Step Up Your Game poster child of the century.

August 18, 2006 at 11:17 PM  
Blogger Rune said...

I'm going to tape that above my bed!

August 20, 2006 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Rune!

As usual you are SO wrong... so wrong...

Tell me - did the convenience store brunette look this good?

August 20, 2006 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Rune said...

Unfortunately, I didn't see her in her skivvies....

August 20, 2006 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger beautyinbaltimore said...

okay first my girl afrochic, now this lady. It is officaly time for me to go to the gym. She has a better shape than a whoole lot of 20 somethings.

August 22, 2006 at 2:01 AM  
Blogger Glib Gurl said...

Dang - now this is someone with all the excuses in the world ("My arthritis is actin' up!") and she managed to get buff. Wow. Definitely an inspiration!

August 22, 2006 at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home