Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Damn, I'm A Hungry Girl!


No, seriously I'm starving here...

I've been trying to eat correctly while getting my black sweat on and I'm going a little crazy. Just a little bit...

Sometimes it's easy to forget that there is a price to pay when you actually start doing what you're supposed to do to get the results you want. Oprah's trainer Bob Greene said on her show that when you get a little hungry late in the evening, that's when your body is burning fat (or something like that.) So that's what I'm thinking about around this time (11 pm to midnight) and later when I start avoiding my late night refrigerator trips, Bob said that when you get that "Hmmm, I'd like a little snack" feeling in your stomach, tha
t means that your body is burning calories...

Bob... you better be right man!

It doesn't help that my apartment is a SWEAT BOX! I can't afford my gym right now, so my treadmill and my FIRM step have had to do the job.

And it doesn't help that I'm still trying to finish my book. I can barely concentrate at home, so I've found myself using my school's facilities - and why not since I am paying through the nose to go there!

It does help that I'm not the only one
on the weight loss trail - Glib Gurl and Avin have chronicled their respective weight loss adventures too.

I've lost a lot of weight before - about 50 pounds in my early twenties that came roaring back the minute I hit my early thirties. Thankfully, I'm very toned - but I can do better. Besides, I'm pushing 40 and it's the wise thing to do. I want to be in good shape when I have children one day, I don't want to develop diabetes -- and I want to look Fabulous. Off the charts... Smashing.

Which reminds me, I need to rinse my mask off now. And finish my hair... and stay out of the refrigerator.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Avin said...

Dear Nichelle,

Please remove that awsome tasty burger from your blog...I fear it is calling me, and if you go check out my post today, I did battle with Coldstone and won...however your burger might send me two blocks over to see "The King" and that would be "ungood"
Sincerely,
Avin

August 2, 2006 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Glib Gurl said...

Girl - at least you are trying to *do* something about the unwanted pounds . . . I'm only half-heartedly committed at the moment. *shrug*

August 2, 2006 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

I'm SOOO with you! I've lost 22lbs since April, myself (since LT has been on deployment). It's not much, but at least it's in the right direction. I'm moving to another side of town in a month, so I haven't had a gym to use regularly. I can't wait to be settled and start working out again (even though it's hot as balls outside and I ain tryinna do a damned thing at the moment).

August 2, 2006 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Avin - girl, I know what you mean, but staring at the burger = zero calories! And Coldstone Creamery! OMG! It's a good think the lines are so friggin' long at Coldstone in NYC - that helps!

Glib - We all go through our half-hearted spells. But then something in you snaps and you go, "What a minute.. it's time to get this thing together!"

BZ - Girl, I feel you on this heat. Last night, I got my exercise in at 1:30 in the morning. Any other time in my apt and I'd faint!

And congrats on the 22 lbs!

August 2, 2006 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger Rune said...

You exercise at 1:30 AM? I thought you were single...

August 2, 2006 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Bwwwaaahhhh!!!!!!

Rune, you are SO wrong on SO many levels!

August 2, 2006 at 11:02 PM  
Blogger Miss Ahmad said...

get your black sweat on girl...i'm down a little over 15 pounds and it feels so damn good, i can't lie!

it really wasn't until yesterday when i tried on some jeans that i hadn't worn in a while because we had a heat wave going on, and they were loose as all get out!

so it's worth it
it really is!

August 3, 2006 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Hey! That's great Glam - do your thang Miss Glamazon Life!

I LOVE trying on clothes I haven't had on in ages and finding that they're loose.

I've got a certain pair of jeans in my closet that I can't wait to get into again. Oh wait! I haven't been in them yet - I bought them with the intention of getting into them.

I know, sad...

August 3, 2006 at 12:47 AM  
Blogger Rune said...

I bought a girl jeans once with the hopes of getting in them...

August 3, 2006 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Rune, Rune, Rune...

August 4, 2006 at 1:31 AM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

Girl that burger looks GROSSS!!
It's a COW sandwhich with cheese and bread-UGH!
just thinking about how it will sit and rot in your stomach... is enough to make you lose your cookies as well as some weight!

August 7, 2006 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Ah, Miss Sangin Diva - my new Diet Guru!! LOL!!!

August 7, 2006 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger themakeupgirl said...

Nichelle,

Avin had dragged me kicking and screaming into Oprah's bootcamp so I feel your pain!! I have been doing turbojam like a mofo.

August 9, 2006 at 5:17 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Lianne,

What is Turbo Jam? A cardio DVD?

August 9, 2006 at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home