Monday, September 11, 2006

Birthdays, Books and Blogging Buds


As we mark the fifth anniversary of the September 11th attacks, I am thankful that I have two happy reasons to celebrate today. My aunt, Margaret Tynes, the subject of the book I am writing (that is currently kicking my behind) is 87 years old today! And my stepmother, whom my sister and I affectionately refer to as Miss Marsha, is celebrating the 30th anniversary of her 32nd birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADIES! My mother's birthday is on Thursday, so let me also just say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAIL!

Hahaha... she would get me for that one if she actually read this blog! It's a running joke we have - I call her by her first name and she threatens me with bodily harm. Fun stuff!

I know that I have been away since forever, but I've been really busy! I met a few fellow bloggers last week (Natalie! Julie! Lesley! Nichelle!) I've been posting my 55 Favorites for Fall at 55 Secret Street, and working on my book. Always working on the book. Remember, books don't write themselves! I want to finish it by the end of the year. Say a prayer...

Oh! Quick TV alert: Don't miss Kathryn Finney aka The Budget Fashionista on the Today show tomorrow morning. She'll be showing off some great fall looks for under $75. I had the pleasure of meeting her last week as well.

Now if I can get it together with some of my blog buds who know me from Anovelista...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sangindiva said...

Well Happy Birthday to alll of your wonderful women!!

Annnnd congrats on meeting bloggers! Isn't that fun?
I can't wait to meet you too!
Happy Monday Ms. Nichelle! :)

September 11, 2006 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Rakishrune said...

Happy Birthday Nichelle's Momma!!

Is she single?

September 11, 2006 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Sangin Diva - Happy Monday to you too!

Rune - Naw, my mama ain't single! LOL! And my stepfather's kinda crazy too - watch out there now!

September 11, 2006 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Rakishrune said...

hmm...sounds like the 'fam likes them kooky! Well alright!

Call me!

September 12, 2006 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Supa said...

Hey Nichelle!! Congrats on everything, keep on making moves!!

September 16, 2006 at 5:22 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks Supa :)

September 17, 2006 at 2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home