Thursday, October 05, 2006

Please Excuse My Absence...


...but I got a job y'all!

And I'm also back in school (BA Creative Writing, New York University 2007 so help me God!) so my schedule has changed dramatically in the last few weeks and I'm still adjusting. But hey, I love eating and paid bills - and mama's gotta keep the brows, nails and hair tight (did I just refer to myself as "mama?") Okay, you can see I'm exhausted right? I've got to go to work in the morning (aka later today) but I feel so bad that I haven't done anything here and I feel like I've been missing out on a lot. There is so much that I want to say, but I haven't been able to get my thoughts together past my three classes and my job. Heck, I've been slacking over at 55 Secret Street too, but I'll be back by the weekend I promise! On Sunday, I'm having lunch in Harlem with a bunch of black and brown bloggers, so you know I'm gonna give a full report.

So, that's about all for now. I need to get my behind in the bed because I don't do the CP time thing. I am going to be so tired tomorrow morning - but I'll be there!

12 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Congratulations on the new job/school!

October 5, 2006 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger Nit Ra Sit said...

I really enjoy your site. I was curious about the bloggers meeting in Harlem is it open to the public or are you just a group of friends that are brunching?

October 5, 2006 at 10:23 AM  
Anonymous themakeupgirl said...

Goodness girl! 2:15AM?? I hope you had some coffee.

October 5, 2006 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Avin said...

Girl we got you, we know you are working hard for the money. I am stealing that Working While Black poster though. If I wasnt so chicken shit I would post it at my desk.

October 5, 2006 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Grace - Thanks!

Nit Ra Sit - I was invited by another blogger and they have a tight list apparently. I only know one of the bloggers (the other blogging Nichelle) but I hope it's fun.

TMG - Girl, I always have coffee!

Avin - Thanks. I got that poster via Glib Gurl. Check her site - she did a bunch of them.

October 5, 2006 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Supa said...

Do ya thing, mama!! Get your G.A.W. (grown ass woman) on!

:)

October 5, 2006 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks Supa, Miss Newly Published Author!

October 5, 2006 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Glib Gurl said...

Congrats on the new job and good luck with school!

October 6, 2006 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thank you Glib!

October 8, 2006 at 3:49 AM  
Blogger Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

Congrats on the new opportunities! And yeah, that poster pretty much sums up things for me as well. I'll have to borrow it one of these days. Good luck and don't work too hard!

October 8, 2006 at 6:01 PM  
Blogger Miss Ahmad said...

ahh the halls of academia a great place to be. congrats on your life changes, may you be blessed in all your new endeavors

October 8, 2006 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks S/C/W and Glam!

October 9, 2006 at 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home