Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Barack Just Called To Say He's Sorry For Messing Up a Brother's Game

So, Nicklaus Lovelady, a reporter for a Georgia newspaper called the Henry Daily Herald wrote this piece - surely tongue and cheek - on why he didn't like Barack Obama:

Obama owes me an apology

I don’t care, I’m not changing my mind on this one.

Nope.

I don’t like Sen. Barack Obama.

He might make a good president some day, but he won’t get my vote. At least not until he apologizes.

Some might say I’m holding a petty grudge but let’s see you become the butt of joke in front of 1,000 people.

Two years ago I was a full-time newspaper reporter in Illinois covering Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.

I had the looks, I had the charm and I had my eye on this pretty young thing who was doing an internship for a competing paper.

It took me nearly two months of running into each other at various news events before I worked up the nerve to begin talking to her.

And then Obama shows up.

The senator made his way to SIUE one day to introduce some legislation that would increase grants for students. Prior to that, me and the girl became really cool as I let her in on a few tricks of the trade.

The day Obama came, there was a huge press conference at the university’s student center with about 100 people inside the conference room and hundreds more viewing the conference on a big screen in the lobby.

Obama did his thing, and at the end there was segment for questions by the media.

After about five questions from different television and newspaper reporters, I stood up to ask mine.

“Wait a minute son, this is for professional media only,” Obama said to me.

“What do you mean? I work for the local paper,” I said with a crackling nervous voice.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you were a college student. You have such a baby face,” he said with an unremorseful grin.

At that point everyone in the room turned to look at me and laugh. The 800 people in the lobby laughed as my face was projected on the big screen.

Remembered that girl who I was trying to get with, well she was sitting next to me and guess what she was doing?

Everyone was laughing except me.

The next time I saw that young lady was at another press conference, but this time she was acting as if she never knew me. I think I saw her maybe two more times and each time, it was the cold shoulder.

Thanks to everyone’s favorite new senator, I lost big time.

Obama owes me a public apology for making me look like a court jester and for blocking my shot.

Until that time, Hillary or Giuliani will get my vote.


Awww.... poor thing (not!)

Wonkette had a lot of fun with it - especially after Obama actually called the guy to apologize.

Of course, the reporter has now changed his mind about the senator. You know he's going to play that for all of his future dates.

And his mom!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Sangindiva said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVIN' MS. NICHELLE!!!

I am sooo glad to see your blog :)
It's like me e- calling you! hahaha!
How have you been? I've been missin' you!

This was a cute post- I'm on my way over
55th st so I can catch up!!

Enjoy your day!

November 22, 2006 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Glad to see you're back!

November 22, 2006 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger field negro said...

Ahhhh, I know that feeling. Terry McMillan did the same thing to me at a book signing. I was trying to impress my date by asking what I thought was a deep question. Then she-Ms. McMillan-slammed me in front of a room full f sisters by asking me;"if I even read the book that I was asking about" I didn't, and had to tell her so.

Needless to say, my date and I never went out again, and Ihave been hating on Terry Mc.ever snce:)

Sometimes these people just don't know what type of lasting scars they can leave :)

November 24, 2006 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger James Burnett said...

That was a funny column that dude in Georgia wrote. In retrospect, it will no doubt be a great tool for him to snag dates with in the future.

November 27, 2006 at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home