Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Kelly vs. Clay and Rosie: Team Kelly!

So, apparently Rosie O'Donnell has accused Kelly Ripa of being a homophobe because of her reaction to Clay Aiken putting his hands over her mouth as they were interviewing Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke. Clay was guest hosting for Regis Philbin.

Kelly gives Regis her take on Clay, his "hostility" and his "cold, clammy hands."


Rosie says that if Clay were straight, Kelly wouldn't have had a problem.



Kelly calls in to The View and tells Rosie that she's wrong.


I'm gonna have to go with my fellow South Jersey girl Kelly and encourage Clay Aiken to keep his hands to himself - whatever his sexual preference. I would also like to encourage Rosie O'Donnell to get a clue. Imagine someone talking about the "precarious situation" she was in when she was gushing over Tom Cruise (unprovoked!) on her old show.

Oh! And I love how Sherri Shepherd was the only one at The View table willing to step into the fray at length. I haven't seen The View in ages - but I'm sure that is the quietest I have ever seen Joy or Elizabeth!

6 Comments:

Anonymous papa said...

Hmmmmmm is there such a thing as a "heterophobe" ??

November 22, 2006 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Yep, I think it can go both ways. But I don't know that Rosie is a "heterophobe" - she's just paranoid.

November 22, 2006 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I am 100% with you on this one, Nichelle. I don't know how she can say "I don't know where your hands have been" is a comment Kelly Ripa made just because Clay Aiken is purportedly gay. She really pulled that one out of nowhere. And I did think Clay Aiken was really hostile when he hosted the show too! I never would've thought he could be like that.

(By the way, Happy Thanksgiving to you!)

November 23, 2006 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger Rune said...

Yeah, Rosie's paranoid indeed. She been smokin' too much weed with Madonna.

November 23, 2006 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger James Burnett said...

Rosie's a loon in this case. I don't care if the person in the chair next to me is a super model whose hands are made of platinum.

If I don't know where the hands have been then they had better not touch my face!

Clay was out of order, and Rosie, I think, did a disservice to all the legit battles against discrimination toward gays out there. She also put Clay on the spot by making his sexuality an issue, 'cause he hasn't come out...assuming he is gay.

November 27, 2006 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

South Jersey in the house!
Yeah, Rosie's totally wrong on this one. Just wanting to put her two cents in on something that didn't concern her. Kudos for Kelly for calling and putting her in her place!

November 28, 2006 at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home