Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Singing in the Comeback Choir

I'm just stunned and so sad to hear that Bebe Moore Campbell has died. I do recall that she was ill, but I was just hoping for a speedy recovery - and more books. I am so glad that I got to meet her - ever so briefly - and have her sign a book for me.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her entire family and her friends.

NPR: Remembering Bebe Moore Campbell, November 28, 2006
.
Los Angeles Times obituary, November 28, 2006.
New York Times obituary, November 28, 2006.
Bebe Moore Campbell on The Tavis Smiley Show, August 2, 2005.
Time magazine August 6, 2005.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sangindiva said...

WOW!
I didn't know that!!!
See... I TOLD you that you keep me
in the loop on what's going on!
I opened your page and was wondering
who that beautiful woman was.
I am saddened by the news of her passing.

November 28, 2006 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

It is indeed very sad. She was so young...

November 29, 2006 at 1:19 AM  
Blogger James Burnett said...

She was so far ahead of her time in terms of writing on race relations.

November 30, 2006 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger James Burnett said...

Hey Nichelle, where ya been? I've been checkin' every day for a new post.

C'mon, drop some wisdom on us.

December 7, 2006 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Hey James,

Thanks for checking in - I've just been a little overwhelmed lately. I finally posted at 55 and I will post here tomorrow. I don't know if it will be "wisdom" but it will be something.

December 7, 2006 at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home