Friday, December 08, 2006

¿Dónde está Anovelista?

No, that's not me folks - but I'm working on it!

Anyway, sorry I've been M.I.A. yet again. Finals and finances people - that's all I'm gonna say! Finals and finances!


Moving on...

I found the cute couple above, Kalsheila and Malcolm (from Rahway, NJ!!) on the website of former CNN newscaster Daryn Kagan. Check out the video Daryn produced about Kalsheila and Malcolm going to New Orleans for their honeymoon to build houses for Habitat for Humanity. Beautiful!

I learned about Daryn's website on Jean Chatsky's show on Oprah & Friends XM radio show. Her contract was not renewed by CNN last year, but instead of riding off into the sunset (or to another network) she created her website to tell good news for a change. If you have an interesting story to tell "of how you or someone you know shows the world what is possible", click here to tell Daryn your story.

Anyone that's read my blog for a while knows I love Corinne Bailey Rae, so of course I'm thrilled that she's up for three of the top Grammy Awards - Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best New Artist. Mary J. Blige topped the nominees with eight nominations (Go Mary J!)

I'm less than thrilled to see that John McCain has hired Terry Nelson to be his campaign manager. Terry Nelson is the man who produced the infamous "bimbo" ad that helped sink Harold Ford's Senate run in Tennessee. Hmmm.... I wonder what kind of ads they'll come up with if we end up with McCain vs. Obama in 2008?

In closing, a shameless plug: look for my 55 Holiday Favorites next week on 55 Secret Street. Speaking of 55, while checking my site stats, I stumbled across a neat little translation feature on Google (which explains some of the readers who email me but say they speak very little English.)

Check out 55 Secret Street
en español, en français and in italiano.

¡Fabuloso!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Juicy77 said...

All good news all the time? That's what I'm talking about. I'm checking out her website now.

December 8, 2006 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger James Burnett said...

Good to see you're back. I read about Kagan's site when she left the network, but I didn't know it was up and running yet. I'm gonna have to go check it out.

Interesting news about McCain's campaign manager. As Republicans go, that guy is hard to figure out. He has brown (and I think black) adopted children. Why hire someone who made such a blatant attempt to rile up white fear and hate of black people?

December 12, 2006 at 2:44 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Juicy - it's a pretty good site. Looks like she moved on from CNN very nicely.

James - Who knows?

December 15, 2006 at 3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home