Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Godfather of Soul

I only got seventh-grade education, but I have a doctorate in funk, and I like to put that to good use.

Hair is the first thing. And teeth the second. Hair and teeth. A man got those two things he's got it all.

I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know.


I've outdone anyone you can name - Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Strauss. Irving Berlin, he wrote 1,001 tunes. I wrote 5,500.

James Brown
The Godfather of Soul
May 3, 1933 - December 25, 2006


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Glib Gurl said...

Great tribute, Nicelle!

December 31, 2006 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger James Burnett said...

Excellent tribute.

Happy New Year, Nichelle. I hope '06 went well for you. And I hope '07 is even better.

You know I gotta root for my fellow writers!

January 3, 2007 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

Thanks Glib.

James - thanks and all the best to you in the new year!

January 4, 2007 at 3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home