Sunday, February 04, 2007

I Like You Amy Sedaris and Your Cupcakes Aren't Bad Either

So, for some reason, I saw a lot of Amy Sedaris last week. My newlywed blog pal Natalie interviewed Amy for the CRAFT blog (her day job) and, while looking for something else, I happened to catch several clips of her on You Tube visiting David Letterman and Conan O'Brien (Conan, you need a steak and a vitamin!)

The next thing you know, I'm on my way to the Apple Store in SoHo to look for new headphones and I pass by one of my favorite dream stores Alessi, where she was holding a book signing. She even made cupcakes (two bucks a pop) with little signs on them. The funny thing is - I bought the book, but I didn't pay for the cupcake or my coffee because Alessi takes cards but Joe, the coffee bar inside of the store does not(!) I don't know why I keep thinking that 'cash only' places are a thing of the past.

Anyway, my chocolate cupcake was pretty good and I'm not sure if it was good because it was free or because it was made by a celebrity. I'm gonna go with 'free' - but she is funny! Her book, I Like You: Hospitality Under The Influence is funny, tacky, kitschy and, frankly, a little mind-boggling. But hey, it looks great on my coffee table.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger James Burnett said...

My wife has that book. Cracked her up so much it made me want to read it.

February 5, 2007 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

Well you beat me to blogging but at LEAST you
got a cupcake!!
I've never heard of this lady or her book,
but once again I've learned something from you!!
What is this book about? Is it a cook book?
I might have to stop by my Barnes and Noble to check her out!

February 6, 2007 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

James - it is a pretty entertaining read.

SanginDiva - Amy Sedaris is known primarly for two things - the tv show and movie Strangers with Candy and for being the sister of the writer David Sedaris.

It's basically an irreverant book entertaining with recipes, crafts, and Amy's unique brand of comedy. I like all kinds of colorful coffee table-like books, so that's why I got it.

And would you believe there is not a single cupcake recipe in it?

February 6, 2007 at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home